Areas of practice: Real Estate, Business Organizations, Estate Planning, Business Succession Planning, Probate and Trust Administration
Mr. Amodeo’s practice focuses on corporate, commercial and residential business transactions, including sales of businesses, mergers and acquisitions; purchase, sale, leasing and development of real property; 1031 tax free exchanges; financing of real property; and limited and general partnership and corporate matters. He is experienced in negotiating and structuring complex business transactions.
He also represents Offerors/Sponsors in the preparation of Offering Plans of Homeowners Association and Condominium and in the preparation of Cooperative Policy Statement Applications.
In addition, his experience includes the preparation and administration of trusts and estates, and advising clients in the areas of estate planning and administration. His work product includes drafting of wills, insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, family limited partnership agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, durable powers of attorney and advance directives for health care.
Mr. Amodeo manages the firm’s title insurance agency relationship with Stewart Title Insurance Company, and the firm’s examining counsel relationship with Chicago Title Insurance company.
- Law School: Albany Law School, Albany, NY (1983)
- Master of Business Administration: Union College, Schenectady, NY (1983)
- Undergraduate: Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY (1979), BA Mathematics, magna cum laude
- All Courts in the State of New York
- United States District Court – Northern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Northern District of New York
- Albany County Bar Association
- Schenectady County Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital Region Builders & Remodelers Association